TheVibe.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TheVibe.

Music, music, music, and other random things(:

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motion City Sountrack.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SmileForTheCamera
Admin
SmileForTheCamera

Motion City Sountrack. Empty
PostSubject: Motion City Sountrack.   Motion City Sountrack. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:13 am

My favorite band!!
Here's some info. about them. Enjoy!

Motion City Soundtrack is an American pop punk band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. They have released three albums, all are on Epitaph Records. Their third full-length album entitled Even If It Kills Me, was released September 18, 2007. Currently, the band is enjoying international recognition, with strong fan-bases in countries such as Britain, Canada, Japan, and Australia. They performed at The Bamboozle in 2007 under the name 'The Great American Freedom Machine.'
Motion City Soundtrack formed in Minnesota in 1997.They released a number of EPs (2 EPs and one 7 inch vinyl single) and gained a sizable following through extensive touring before recording their first full-length album, I Am the Movie.

I Am the Movie
Main article: I Am the Movie
I Am the Movie was self-released twice in 2002 and was quickly picked up by Epitaph Records for a nationwide release in 2003.

Backed by the success of their first album, Motion City Soundtrack toured for quite some time and in 2003 released the third track on I Am the Movie, "The Future Freaks Me Out", as their first hit single. The single's catchy chorus and its memorable video made it a modest hit and brought the previously unknown band their first step toward fame. According to the band's official website, the song's success was surprising, as the band "wrote the song in mere hours and it almost didn't even make it onto their debut."

A second single was released later that year, "My Favorite Accident", with a similarly quirky but also more dramatic video.

Commit This to Memory
Main article: Commit This to Memory
Motion City Soundtrack's second album was recorded in Los Angeles in fall 2004, and was produced by Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 fame. The song "Hangman" also featured Mark's vocals.

The title, Commit This to Memory, was chosen early in the album's production, and is taken from a lyric in one of the album's songs, "Hangman". Production work on Commit This to Memory was finished in early 2005, and the album's winter theme (with two songs reflecting on New Year's Day) contrasted heavily with its expected June release. The album was leaked to pirate sites several months before its release, much to the band's dismay, while they took part in the first ever Epitaph Tour in February and March.

The album's first single, "Everything Is Alright" featuring Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy, Mark Hoppus and members of Limbeck, has found significant radio play and has already appeared on several compilations. The song's video has appeared on MTV and Fuse channel, and has also appeared on the Saint's Row soundtrack. The song was also featured as the theme song for the 2006 comedy movie Accepted. The band's second video from the album, "Hold Me Down", proved to be a lesser success.

Even If It Kills Me
Main article: Even If It Kills Me
Motion City Soundtrack released their third album, Even If It Kills Me, on September 18, 2007. The band did their final recording and mixing during early Spring 2007 in New York.

Part of the record is co-produced by the tag team of Adam Schlesinger (of Fountains of Wayne) and Eli Janney (of Girls Against Boys), and part of the record will be produced by Ric Ocasek (of The Cars). Guest vocals on the album include Max Bemis of Say Anything, Rachel Minton of Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer and Shawn Harris of The Matches.[4]

A series of song titles were unveiled in the first January 2007 issue of Kerrang! Magazine - "Calling All Cops", "Fell In Love Without You", "Not Asking You To Leave" and "Where I Belong". Out of these, only "Not Asking You To Leave" did not make the album, becoming the B-Side to the vinyl single for "This Is for Real". Also throughout touring in April 2007, most notably Give It A Name Festival, the band have played premiered "This Is for Real" live.

The band has been producing webisodes on the making of the album. These webisodes can be viewed at the website http://evenifitkillsme.tv.

The first single off the new album, "Broken Heart" was released on June 26 worldwide through all digital outlets around 12:00AM. A video for the single is available to watch at their official website or on their street team

The band released the first official single for the album, "This Is for Real", on September 3, however the single was available to download from iTunes Music Store on August 7. The single was released on CD and two vinyls, with the B-Sides "Plymouth Rock" (originally by Lifter Puller), "Not Asking You To Leave" and "The Worst Part" (previously released on the Sound of Superman OST.)

Even If It Kills Me debuted at #16 on the Billboard 200 with 33,000 copies sold, making it Motion City Soundtrack's highest charting album to date.

Members

Current
Joshua Cain – Guitar, Backing Vocals
Jesse Johnson – Moog Synthesizer
Justin Pierre – Vocals, Guitar
Matthew Taylor – Bass Guitar, Piano, Backing Vocals
Tony Thaxton – Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals

Albums
I Am the Movie (2003)
Commit This to Memory (2005) #72 US
Even If It Kills Me (2007) #16 US

Motion City Sountrack. Motioncitysoundtrack

So I'm in love with them because i got Even If It Kills Me, the other day and I cannot stop listening to it!! I love the songs Last Night, Antonia, Even If It Kills Me, and It Had To Be You.
They are AMAZING! lol. Ok I will stop promoting them now(:
what do you think of them?
Back to top Go down
https://thevibeishere.forumotion.com
frencha7xfan

frencha7xfan

PostSubject: Re: Motion City Sountrack.   Motion City Sountrack. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:38 am

I like them too Smile I don't know them much .. only a few songs but I like them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.allbands.zik.mu
SmileForTheCamera
Admin
SmileForTheCamera

PostSubject: Re: Motion City Sountrack.   Motion City Sountrack. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 6:33 am

AHHH i love them so so so much!

I probly love them as much as you love avenged sevenfold (:
Back to top Go down
frencha7xfan

frencha7xfan

PostSubject: Re: Motion City Sountrack.   Motion City Sountrack. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 12:35 pm

wow! That's deep love then Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.allbands.zik.mu
SmileForTheCamera
Admin
SmileForTheCamera

PostSubject: Re: Motion City Sountrack.   Motion City Sountrack. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:22 am

Hahah. It is deep, very deep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motion City Sountrack.   Motion City Sountrack. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motion City Sountrack.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheVibe. :: M.U.S.I.C. :: Alternative.-
Jump to: