TheVibe.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TheVibe.

Music, music, music, and other random things(:

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avenged Sevenfold

Go down 
AuthorMessage
frencha7xfan

frencha7xfan

Avenged Sevenfold Empty
PostSubject: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 11:45 am

Ok so I don't know how it works on here what should we do? I'll try to make a complete thread just in case ..

Avenged Sevenfold A7XWY2B8314_IH

Avenged Sevenfold, also known as A7X, is a hard rock band from Huntington Beach, California, United States.

History

The band was formed in 1999 (which is the number on Zacky V's Schecter, but flipped upside down). Avenged Sevenfold's first album, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, was recorded when the band members were eighteen years old. It was originally released on their first label, Goodlife Recordings. After lead guitarist Synyster Gates (also known by Brian Haner Jr.) joined the band, the introductory track "To End The Rapture" was re-recorded with Gates playing, and the album was re-released on Hopeless Records. Their follow-up album, entitled Waking the Fallen, was also released on Hopeless Records and was awarded a positive rating in Rolling Stone magazine. Shortly after its release, Avenged Sevenfold were signed to Warner Bros. Records.
City of Evil, the third album which was released on June 7, 2005, strayed from metalcore, and instead headed more towards heavy metal and adds a harder rock sound with influences ranging from various bands. The artwork depicts some NWOBHM influence that Avenged Sevenfold has incorporated. During the recording of City of Evil, M. Shadows' vocal styling changed to focus more on melodic singing rather than hardcore screaming.
The band's name is a reference to the book of Genesis in The Bible where Cain is sentenced to live in exile for the crime of murdering his brother. God marked him so that none would kill him on account of his sin; the man who dared to kill Cain would have "vengeance taken upon him sevenfold." The title of Avenged Sevenfold's song "Chapter Four" references Genesis 4:15, the chapter of the Bible in which the story of Cain and Abel takes place. The song's subject also appears to be this story. "Beast and the Harlot", yet another song derived from the Bible, comes from the book of Revelation only it is written in the first person and refers to the punishment of Babylon the Great, world empire and seat of false religion. Another Bible reference occurs in the song The Wicked End. In the song, several times it is said "dust the apple off, savor each bite, and deep inside you know Adam was right." making reference to Eve eating the forbidden fruit. Although the band's title and members' stage names make references to religion, Shadows stated in an interview that they are "not really religious at all." "Anyone that read the lyrics and really knew anything about us, they would know we're not promoting either", he said. "That's one thing about this band that I love is that we never really shove any kind of, like, political or religious beliefs on people. We just, the music's there to entertain and maybe thought-provoking on both sides, but we don't try to, like, really shove anything down anyone's throat. There's too many bands that do that nowadays, I think." However in their lyrics: "I don't believe in fairy tales and no one wants to go to hell. You've made the wrong decision and it's easy to see. Now if you wanna serve above or be a king below with us, you're welcome to the city where your future is set forever." The song "Bat Country" is a reference to the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". The song is dedicated to the protagonist of the movie, the late Hunter S. Thompson.
Their song "Blinded In Chains" was used in the soundtrack for the video games Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Arena Football. "Bat Country" was used in the soundtracks for SSX on Tour, NHL 06 and Madden 06, following in the footsteps of "Chapter Four" which had also been on the soundtrack for NHL 2004, Madden 2004 and NASCAR Thunder 2004. The song "Beast and the Harlot" was in the soundtrack for Burnout Revenge. All the above games, not coincidentally, are produced by various divisions of Electronic Arts. "Beast and the Harlot" also appears in RedOctane's Guitar Hero II, released in November 7, 2006. The song "Burn it Down" is featured on the October 24th, 2006 release of the Saw III soundtrack.
During recent tours, spring 2006 tour and Ozzfest 2006), Avenged Sevenfold have been performing the song "Walk", originally by Pantera, as part of a tribute to the late "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott (Aug. 20, 1966-Dec. 8, 2004). Also because Alternative Press magazine asked Avenged Sevenfold to do the cover song for the album "Kerrang High voltage a Brief History of Rock".

At the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, Avenged Sevenfold received the award for best new artist. They took the award over several other artists like Angels and Airwaves and James Blunt. They have a DVD called All Access and and their forth album is out.

Okay so they are my favorite band, I know them only since a little more than a year.. I saw them twice and met them once (a week from now!). They are, in my opinion, very talented and i find there lyrics very true and honest. What do you think about them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.allbands.zik.mu

Avenged Sevenfold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheVibe. :: M.U.S.I.C. :: Rock n' Rolll.-
Jump to: